PDB-REPRDB is a database of representative protein chains from the Protein Data Bank (PDB). Started at the Real World Computing Partnership (RWCP) in August 1997, it developed to the present system of PDB-REPRDB. In April 2001, the system was moved to the Computational Biology Research Center (CBRC), National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) (http://www.cbrc.jp/); it is available at http://www.cbrc.jp/pdbreprdb/. The current database includes 33 368 protein chains from 16 682 PDB entries (1 September, 2002), from which are excluded (a) DNA and RNA data, (b) theoretically modeled data, (c) short chains (1<40 residues), or (d) data with non-standard amino acid residues at all residues. The number of entries including membrane protein structures in the PDB has increased rapidly with determination of numbers of membrane protein structures because of improved X-ray crystallography, NMR, and electron microscopic experimental techniques. Since many protein structure studies must address globular and membrane proteins separately, this new elimination factor, which excludes membrane protein chains, is introduced in the PDB-REPRDB system. Moreover, the PDB-REPRDB system for membrane protein chains begins at the same URL. The current membrane database includes 551 protein chains, including membrane domains in the SCOP database of release 1.59 (15 May, 2002).
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Bacardit, Jaume; Stout, Michael; Hirst, Jonathan D.; Valencia, Alfonso; Smith, Robert Elliott; Krasnogor, Natalio: Automated alphabet reduction for protein datasets (2009) ioport
- Benros, Cristina; de Brevern, Alexandre G.; Hazout, Serge: Analyzing the sequence-structure relationship of a library of local structural prototypes (2009)
- Stout, Michael; Bacardit, Jaume; Hirst, Jonathan D.; Smith, Robert E.; Krasnogor, Natalio: Prediction of topological contacts in proteins using learning classifier systems (2009) ioport
- Noguchi, Tamotsu; Akiyama, Yutaka: PDB-REPRDB: a database of representative protein chains from the protein data bank (PDB) in 2003. (2003) ioport
- Noguchi, Tamotsu; Matsuda, Hideo; Akiyama, Yutaka: PDB-REPRDB: a database of representative protein chains from the protein data bank (PDB). (2001) ioport