TOKAM-3D: A 3D fluid code for transport and turbulence in the edge plasma of Tokamaks We present a new code aiming at giving a global and coherent approach for transport and turbulence issues in the edge plasma of Tokamaks. The TOKAM-3D code solves 3D fluid drift equations in full-torus geometry including both closed field lines and SOL physics. No scale separation is assumed so that interactions between large scale flows and turbulence are coherently treated. Moreover, the code can be run in transport regimes ranging from purely anomalous diffusion to fully established turbulence. Specific numerical schemes have been developed which can solve the model equations whether the presence of a limiter in the plasma is taken into account or not. Example cases giving an overview of the field of application of the code as well as verification results are also presented.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Soler, J. A.; Schwander, F.; Giorgiani, G.; Liandrat, J.; Tamain, P.; Serre, E.: A new conservative finite-difference scheme for anisotropic elliptic problems in bounded domain (2020)
- Yang, Chang; Deluzet, Fabrice; Narski, Jacek: On the numerical resolution of anisotropic equations with high order differential operators arising in plasma physics (2019)
- Giorgiani, G.; Bufferand, H.; Ciraolo, G.; Ghendrih, P.; Schwander, F.; Serre, E.; Tamain, P.: A hybrid discontinuous Galerkin method for tokamak edge plasma simulations in global realistic geometry (2018)
- Degond, Pierre; Deluzet, Fabrice: Asymptotic-preserving methods and multiscale models for plasma physics (2017)
- Halpern, F. D.; Ricci, P.; Jolliet, S.; Loizu, J.; Morales, J.; Mosetto, A.; Musil, F.; Riva, F.; Tran, T. M.; Wersal, C.: The GBS code for tokamak scrape-off layer simulations (2016)
- Tamain, P.; Bufferand, H.; Ciraolo, G.; Colin, C.; Galassi, D.; Ghendrih, Ph.; Schwander, F.; Serre, E.: The TOKAM3X code for edge turbulence fluid simulations of tokamak plasmas in versatile magnetic geometries (2016)
- Crouseilles, Nicolas; Kuhn, Matthieu; Latu, Guillaume: Comparison of numerical solvers for anisotropic diffusion equations arising in plasma physics (2015)
- Turkoz, Emre; Celik, Murat: AETHER: A simulation platform for inductively coupled plasma (2015)
- Bonnement, A.; Minjeaud, S.; Pasquetti, R.: Towards a high order Fourier-SEM solver of fluid models in tokamaks (2014)
- Filbet, Francis; Negulescu, Claudia; Yang, Chang: Numerical study of a nonlinear heat equation for plasma physics (2012)
- Tamain, P.; Ghendrih, Ph.; Tsitrone, E.; Grandgirard, V.; Garbet, X.; Sarazin, Y.; Serre, E.; Ciraolo, G.; Chiavassa, G.: TOKAM-3D: a 3D fluid code for transport and turbulence in the edge plasma of tokamaks (2010)