pLoc_bal-mHum: Predict subcellular localization of human proteins by PseAAC and quasi-balancing training dataset. A cell contains numerous protein molecules. One of the fundamental goals in molecular cell biology is to determine their subcellular locations since this information is extremely important to both basic research and drug development. In this paper, we report a novel and very powerful predictor called “pLoc_bal-mHum” for predicting the subcellular localization of human proteins based on their sequence information alone. Cross-validation tests on exactly the same experiment-confirmed dataset have indicated that the new predictor is remarkably superior to the existing state-of-the-art predictor in identifying the subcellular localization of human proteins. To maximize the convenience for the majority of experimental scientists, a user-friendly web-server for the new predictor has been established at http://www.jci-bioinfo.cn/pLoc_bal-mHum/, by which users can easily get their desired results without the need to go through the detailed mathematics.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Ahmad, Jamal; Hayat, Maqsood: MFSC: multi-voting based feature selection for classification of Golgi proteins by adopting the general form of Chou’s PseAAC components (2019)
- Butt, Ahmad Hassan; Rasool, Nouman; Khan, Yaser Daanial: Prediction of antioxidant proteins by incorporating statistical moments based features into Chou’s PseAAC (2019)
- Hussain, Waqar; Khan, Yaser Daanial; Rasool, Nouman; Khan, Sher Afzal; Chou, Kuo-Chen: SPrenylC-PseAAC: a sequence-based model developed via Chou’s 5-steps rule and general PseAAC for identifying S-prenylation sites in proteins (2019)
- Jia, Jianhua; Li, Xiaoyan; Qiu, Wangren; Xiao, Xuan; Chou, Kuo-Chen: iPPI-PseAAC(CGR): identify protein-protein interactions by incorporating chaos game representation into PseAAC (2019)
- Khan, Yaser Daanial; Jamil, Mehreen; Hussain, Waqar; Rasool, Nouman; Khan, Sher Afzal; Chou, Kuo-Chen: pSSbond-PseAAC: prediction of disulfide bonding sites by integration of PseAAC and statistical moments (2019)
- Lu, Fuhua; Zhu, Maoshu; Lin, Ying; Zhong, Hongbin; Cai, Lei; He, Lin; Chou, Kuo-Chen: The preliminary efficacy evaluation of the CTLA-4-ig treatment against lupus nephritis through \textitin-silico analyses (2019)
- Pan, Yi; Wang, Shiyuan; Zhang, Qi; Lu, Qianzi; Su, Dongqing; Zuo, Yongchun; Yang, Lei: Analysis and prediction of animal toxins by various Chou’s pseudo components and reduced amino acid compositions (2019)
- Tahir, Muhammad; Tayara, Hilal; Chong, Kil To: iRNA-PseKNC(2methyl): identify RNA 2’-O-methylation sites by convolution neural network and Chou’s pseudo components (2019)
- Tian, Baoguang; Wu, Xue; Chen, Cheng; Qiu, Wenying; Ma, Qin; Yu, Bin: Predicting protein-protein interactions by fusing various Chou’s pseudo components and using wavelet denoising approach (2019)