Direct numerical simulations for multiphase flows: an overview of the multiphase code FS3D. A brief overview of the main features of the code Free Surface 3D (FS3D) is presented here. FS3D is a direct numerical simulation (DNS) code based on a volume of fluid (VOF) method to solve the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. The energy equation is included and multiphase flows can be considered, in the sense that evaporation and ice growth are already implemented. Furthermore, the code has been expanded to consider multi-component systems and non-Newtonian fluids. Complex phenomena with strong computational effort can be examined, since the code works on massive parallel architectures.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Reutzsch, Jonathan; Kieffer-Roth, Corine; Weigand, Bernhard: A consistent method for direct numerical simulation of droplet evaporation (2020)
- Dumbser, Michael (ed.); Gassner, Gregor (ed.); Rohde, Christian (ed.); Roller, Sabine (ed.): Editorial: Preface to the special issue “Recent advances in numerical methods for hyperbolic partial differential equations” (2016)
- Eisenschmidt, Kathrin; Ertl, Moritz; Gomaa, Hassan; Kieffer-Roth, Corine; Meister, Christian; Rauschenberger, Philipp; Reitzle, Martin; Schlottke, Karin; Weigand, Bernhard: Direct numerical simulations for multiphase flows: an overview of the multiphase code FS3D (2016)
- Yokoi, Kensuke; Onishi, Ryo; Deng, Xiao-Long; Sussman, Mark: Density-scaled balanced continuum surface force model with a level set based curvature interpolation technique (2016)
- Rauschenberger, P.; Weigand, B.: A volume-of-fluid method with interface reconstruction for ice growth in supercooled water (2015)
- Boger, M.; Jaegle, F.; Weigand, B.; Munz, C.-D.: A pressure-based treatment for the direct numerical simulation of compressible multi-phase flow using multiple pressure variables (2014)
- Sasic, Srdjan; Karimi Sibaki, Ebrahim; Ström, Henrik: Direct numerical simulation of a hydrodynamic interaction between settling particles and rising microbubbles (2014)
- Yokoi, Kensuke: A density-scaled continuum surface force model within a balanced force formulation (2014)