REDfly 2.0: an integrated database of cis-regulatory modules and transcription factor binding sites in Drosophila. The identification and study of the cis-regulatory elements that control gene expression are important areas of biological research, but few resources exist to facilitate large-scale bioinformatics studies of cis-regulation in metazoan species. Drosophila melanogaster, with its well-annotated genome, exceptional resources for comparative genomics and long history of experimental studies of transcriptional regulation, represents the ideal system for regulatory bioinformatics. We have merged two existing Drosophila resources, the REDfly database of cis-regulatory modules and the FlyReg database of transcription factor binding sites (TFBSs), into a single integrated database containing extensive annotation of empirically validated cis-regulatory modules and their constituent binding sites. With the enhanced functionality made possible through this integration of TFBS data into REDfly, together with additional improvements to the REDfly infrastructure, we have constructed a one-stop portal for Drosophila cis-regulatory data that will serve as a powerful resource for both computational and experimental studies of transcriptional regulation. REDfly is freely accessible at http://redfly.ccr.buffalo.edu.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Réda, Clémence; Wilczyński, Bartek: Automated inference of gene regulatory networks using explicit regulatory modules (2020)
- Sanguinetti, Guido (ed.); Huynh-Thu, Vân Anh (ed.): Gene regulatory networks. Methods and protocols (2019)
- Gallo, Steven M.; Gerrard, Dave T.; Miner, David; Simich, Michael; Soye, Benjamin Des; Bergman, Casey M.; Halfon, Marc S.: Redfly v3.0: toward a comprehensive database of transcriptional regulatory elements in \textitdrosophila (2011) ioport
- Halfon, Marc S.; Gallo, Steven M.; Bergman, Casey M.: Redfly 2.0: An integrated database of \textitcis-regulatory modules and transcription factor binding sites in \textitdrosophila. (2008) ioport
- Gallo, Steven M.; Li, Long; Hu, Zihua; Halfon, Marc S.: (redfly:) a regulatory element database for (drosophila) (2006) ioport