iPfam: a database of protein family and domain interactions found in the Protein Data Bank. The database iPfam, available at http://ipfam.org, catalogues Pfam domain interactions based on known 3D structures that are found in the Protein Data Bank, providing interaction data at the molecular level. Previously, the iPfam domain–domain interaction data was integrated within the Pfam database and website, but it has now been migrated to a separate database. This allows for independent development, improving data access and giving clearer separation between the protein family and interactions datasets. In addition to domain–domain interactions, iPfam has been expanded to include interaction data for domain bound small molecule ligands. Functional annotations are provided from source databases, supplemented by the incorporation of Wikipedia articles where available. iPfam (version 1.0) contains >9500 domain–domain and 15 500 domain–ligand interactions. The new website provides access to this data in a variety of ways, including interactive visualizations of the interaction data.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- von Stechow, Louise (ed.); Delgado, Alberto Santos (ed.): Computational cell biology. Methods and protocols (2018)
- Wang, Lusheng: Near optimal solutions for maximum quasi-bicliques (2013)
- Sugaya, Nobuyoshi; Furuya, Toshio: Dr. PIAS: an integrative system for assessing the druggability of protein-protein interactions (2011) ioport
- Real-Chicharro, Alejandro; Mostazo, Iván Ruiz; Delgado, Ismael Navas; Kerzazi, Amine; Chniber, Othmane; Sánchez-Jiménez, Francisca; Medina, Miguel Angel; Montes, José Francisco Aldana: Protopia: a protein-protein interaction tool (2009) ioport
- Rendon, Gloria; Ger, Mao-Feng; Kantorovitz, Ruth; Natarajan, Shreedhar; Tilson, Jeffrey; Jakobsson, Eric: Understanding the “horizontal dimension” of molecular evolution to annotate, classify, and discover proteins with functional domains (2009) ioport
- Zhang, Kelvin Xi; Ouellette, B. F. Francis: GAIA: a gram-based interaction analysis tool - an approach for identifying interacting domains in yeast (2009) ioport
- Schuster-Böckler, Benjamin; Bateman, Alex: Reuse of structural domain-domain interactions in protein networks (2007) ioport
- Zhang, Guoqing; Cao, Zhiwei; Luo, Qingming; Cai, Yudong; Li, Yixue: Operon prediction based on SVM (2006)