Derive is no longer available as a separate program, but the Derive code is now incorporated into TI-Nspire CAS software Derive 6 is a powerful system for doing symbolic and numeric mathematics on your PC. It processes algebraic variables, expressions, equations, functions, vectors, matrices and Boolean expressions like a scientific calculator processes numbers. It’s useful from KS3 to University and beyond. Problems in the fields of arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra, and propositional calculus can be solved with the click of the mouse. Make plots of mathematical expressions in two and three dimensions using various coordinate systems. By its seamless integration of numeric, algebraic and graphic capabilities, Derive makes an excellent tool for learning, teaching and doing mathematics.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 65 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 61 to 65 of 65.
- Geddes, Keith O.; Czapor, Stephen R.; Labahn, George: Algorithms for computer algebra (1992)
- Johnson, J.; Evans, B. (Oklahoma State Univ., Stillwater (United States)): Discovering Calculus with DERIVE. Analysis mit DERIVE entdecken. (1992) MathEduc
- Kutzler, Bernhard; Wall, Bernhard; Winkler, Franz: Mathematical expert systems. Practical working with the computer algebra system MACSYMA, Mathematica and DERIVE (1992)
- Watanabe, Hayro: On formula processing through computers (1992)
- Harper, David; Wooff, Chris; Hodgkinson, David: A guide to computer algebra systems (1991)