E3SM is an Earth System Model being developed by the DOE Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM) project. E3SM Version 1 is scheduled to be released in 2018. The E3SM atmosphere model runs with the spectral element dynamical core from HOMME, upgraded to include new aerosol and cloud physics and improved convection and treatment of the pressure gradient term, and a formulation for elevation classes to better handle atmosphere and land processes more realistically in the vicinity of topography. The E3SM Land Model (ALM) is based on Community Land Model (CLM) version 4.5 updated to include a full suite of new biochemistry and VIC hydrology and dynamic land units and extensions to couple to land ice sheets. The E3SM ocean, sea ice and land ice components will be built on the MPAS framework.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Nichol, J. Jake; Peterson, Matthew G.; Peterson, Kara J.; Fricke, G. Matthew; Moses, Melanie E.: Machine learning feature analysis illuminates disparity between E3SM climate models and observed climate change (2021)
- Travis Thurber, Chris R. Vernon, Ning Sun, Sean W. D. Turner, Jim Yoon, Nathalie Voisin: mosartwmpy: A Python implementation of the MOSART-WM coupled hydrologic routing and water management model (2021) not zbMATH
- Norman, Matthew; Larkin, Jeffrey: A holistic algorithmic approach to improving accuracy, robustness, and computational efficiency for atmospheric dynamics (2020)
- Bosler, Peter A.; Bradley, Andrew M.; Taylor, Mark A.: Conservative multimoment transport along characteristics for discontinuous Galerkin methods (2019)
- Bradley, Andrew M.; Bosler, Peter A.; Guba, Oksana; Taylor, Mark A.; Barnett, Gregory A.: Communication-efficient property preservation in tracer transport (2019)