Dopamine: A Research Framework for Deep Reinforcement Learning. Deep reinforcement learning (deep RL) research has grown significantly in recent years. A number of software offerings now exist that provide stable, comprehensive implementations for benchmarking. At the same time, recent deep RL research has become more diverse in its goals. In this paper we introduce Dopamine, a new research framework for deep RL that aims to support some of that diversity. Dopamine is open-source, TensorFlow-based, and provides compact and reliable implementations of some state-of-the-art deep RL agents. We complement this offering with a taxonomy of the different research objectives in deep RL research. While by no means exhaustive, our analysis highlights the heterogeneity of research in the field, and the value of frameworks such as ours.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Vincenzo Lomonaco, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Andrea Cossu, Antonio Carta, Gabriele Graffieti, Tyler L. Hayes, Matthias De Lange, Marc Masana, Jary Pomponi, Gido van de Ven, Martin Mundt, Qi She, Keiland Cooper, Jeremy Forest, Eden Belouadah, Simone Calderara, German I. Parisi, Fabio Cuzzolin, Andreas Tolias, Simone Scardapane, Luca Antiga, Subutai Amhad, Adrian Popescu, Christopher Kanan, Joost van de Weijer, Tinne Tuytelaars, Davide Bacciu, Davide Maltoni: Avalanche: an End-to-End Library for Continual Learning (2021) arXiv
- Bard, Nolan; Foerster, Jakob N.; Chandar, Sarath; Burch, Neil; Lanctot, Marc; Song, H. Francis; Parisotto, Emilio; Dumoulin, Vincent; Moitra, Subhodeep; Hughes, Edward; Dunning, Iain; Mourad, Shibl; Larochelle, Hugo; Bellemare, Marc G.; Bowling, Michael: The Hanabi challenge: a new frontier for AI research (2020)
- Xiao-Yang Liu, Hongyang Yang, Qian Chen, Runjia Zhang, Liuqing Yang, Bowen Xiao, Christina Dan Wang: FinRL: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Library for Automated Stock Trading in Quantitative Finance (2020) arXiv
- Sergey Kolesnikov, Oleksii Hrinchuk: Catalyst.RL: A Distributed Framework for Reproducible RL Research (2019) arXiv
- Yasuhiro Fujita, Toshiki Kataoka, Prabhat Nagarajan, Takahiro Ishikawa: ChainerRL: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Library (2019) arXiv
- Michael Schaarschmidt, Sven Mika, Kai Fricke, Eiko Yoneki: RLgraph: Modular Computation Graphs for Deep Reinforcement Learning (2018) arXiv