Reluplex: An Efficient SMT Solver for Verifying Deep Neural Networks. Deep neural networks have emerged as a widely used and effective means for tackling complex, real-world problems. However, a major obstacle in applying them to safety-critical systems is the great difficulty in providing formal guarantees about their behavior. We present a novel, scalable, and efficient technique for verifying properties of deep neural networks (or providing counter-examples). The technique is based on the simplex method, extended to handle the non-convex Rectified Linear Unit (ReLU) activation function, which is a crucial ingredient in many modern neural networks. The verification procedure tackles neural networks as a whole, without making any simplifying assumptions. We evaluated our technique on a prototype deep neural network implementation of the next-generation airborne collision avoidance system for unmanned aircraft (ACAS Xu). Results show that our technique can successfully prove properties of networks that are an order of magnitude larger than the largest networks verified using existing methods.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 7 articles )
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7.
- Anderson, Ross; Huchette, Joey; Ma, Will; Tjandraatmadja, Christian; Vielma, Juan Pablo: Strong mixed-integer programming formulations for trained neural networks (2020)
- Bunel, Rudy; Turkaslan, Ilker; Torr, Philip H. S.; Kumar, M. Pawan; Lu, Jingyue; Kohli, Pushmeet: Branch and bound for piecewise linear neural network verification (2020)
- Edward Ayers, Francisco Eiras, Majd Hawasly, Iain Whiteside: PaRoT: A Practical Framework for Robust Deep NeuralNetwork Training (2020) arXiv
- Hoang-Dung Tran, Xiaodong Yang, Diego Manzanas Lopez, Patrick Musau, Luan Viet Nguyen, Weiming Xiang, Stanley Bak, Taylor T. Johnson: NNV: The Neural Network Verification Tool for Deep Neural Networks and Learning-Enabled Cyber-Physical Systems (2020) arXiv
- Kuwajima, Hiroshi; Yasuoka, Hirotoshi; Nakae, Toshihiro: Engineering problems in machine learning systems (2020)
- Wang, Lu; Zhang, Huan; Yi, Jinfeng; Hsieh, Cho-Jui; Jiang, Yuan: Spanning attack: reinforce black-box attacks with unlabeled data (2020)
- Wu, Min; Wicker, Matthew; Ruan, Wenjie; Huang, Xiaowei; Kwiatkowska, Marta: A game-based approximate verification of deep neural networks with provable guarantees (2020)