Falcon: FAst Fourier Lattice-based COmpact signatures over NTRU. The point of a post-quantum cryptographic algorithm is to keep on ensuring its security characteristics even faced with quantum computers. Quantum computers are deemed feasible, according to our current understanding of the laws of physics, but some significant technological issues remain to be solved in order to build a fully operational unit. Such a quantum computer would very efficiently break the usual asymmetric encryption and digitial signature algorithms based on number theory (RSA, DSA, Diffie-Hellman, ElGamal, and their elliptic curve variants). Falcon is based on the theoretical framework of Gentry, Peikert and Vaikuntanathan for lattice-based signature schemes. We instantiate that framework over NTRU lattices, with a trapdoor sampler called ”fast Fourier sampling”. The underlying hard problem is the short integer solution problem (SIS) over NTRU lattices, for which no efficient solving algorithm is currently known in the general case, even with the help of quantum computers.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Nimbe, Peter; Weyori, Benjamin Asubam; Adekoya, Adebayo Felix: A novel classical and quantum cryptographic scheme for data encryption (2022)
- Bert, Pauline; Eberhart, Gautier; Prabel, Lucas; Roux-Langlois, Adeline; Sabt, Mohamed: Implementation of lattice trapdoors on modules and applications (2021)
- Pan, Jiaxin; Wagner, Benedikt: Short identity-based signatures with tight security from lattices (2021)
- Raavi, Manohar; Wuthier, Simeon; Chandramouli, Pranav; Balytskyi, Yaroslav; Zhou, Xiaobo; Chang, Sang-Yoon: Security comparisons and performance analyses of post-quantum signature algorithms (2021)
- Sehrawat, Vipin Singh; Yeo, Foo Yee; Desmedt, Yvo: Extremal set theory and LWE based access structure hiding verifiable secret sharing with malicious-majority and free verification (2021)
- Cho, Gook Hwa; Lim, Seongan; Lee, Hyang-Sook: Algorithms for the generalized NTRU equations and their storage analysis (2020)
- Das, Dipayan; Hoffstein, Jeffrey; Pipher, Jill; Whyte, William; Zhang, Zhenfei: Modular lattice signatures, revisited (2020)
- Wang, Zhipeng; Wu, Qianhong: A practical lattice-based sequential aggregate signature (2019)