LDGM codes for channel coding and joint source-channel coding of correlated sources We propose a coding scheme based on the use of systematic linear codes with low-density generator matrix (LDGM codes) for channel coding and joint source-channel coding of multiterminal correlated binary sources. In both cases, the structures of the LDGM encoder and decoder are shown, and a concatenated scheme aimed at reducing the error floor is proposed. Several decoding possibilities are investigated, compared, and evaluated. For different types of noisy channels and correlation models, the resulting performance is very close to the theoretical limits.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Chang, Cheng-Chun; Mao, Zhi-Hong; Lee, Heung-No: A fast BER evaluation method for LDGM codes (2010)
- Chang, Cheng-Chun; Mao, Zhi-Hong; Lee, Heung-No: MB iterative decoding algorithm on systematic LDGM codes: performance evaluation (2010)
- Esmaeili, M.; Zaghian, A.: On the combinatorial structure of a class of (\left[ \binomm 2, \binomm-12, 3\right]) shortened Hamming codes and their dual-codes (2009)
- Mimura, Kazushi: The typical performance of irregular low-density generator-matrix codes for lossy compression (2009)
- Garcia-Frias, Javier; Cabarcas, Felipe: Approaching the Slepian-Wolf boundary using practical channel codes (2006)
- Zhao, Ying; Zhong, Wei; Garcia-Frias, Javier: Transmission of correlated senders over a Rayleigh fading multiple access channel (2006)
- Del Ser, Javier; Crespo, Pedro M.; Galdos, Olaia: Asymmetric joint source-channel coding for correlated sources with blind HMM estimation at the receiver (2005)
- Zhong, Wei; Garcia-Frias, Javier: LDGM codes for channel coding and joint source-channel coding of correlated sources (2005)