ACUOS2: a high-performance system for modular ACU generalization with subtyping and inheritance. Generalization in order-sorted theories with any combination of associativity (A), commutativity (C), and unity (U) algebraic axioms is finitary. However, existing tools for computing generalizers (also called “anti-unifiers”) of two typed structures in such theories do not currently scale to real size problems. This paper describes the ACUOS2 system that achieves high performance when computing a complete and minimal set of least general generalizations in these theories. We discuss how it can be used to address artificial intelligence (AI) problems that are representable as order-sorted ACU generalization, e.g., generalization in lists, trees, (multi-)sets, and typical hierarchical/structural relations. Experimental results demonstrate that ACUOS2 greatly outperforms the predecessor tool ACUOS by running up to five orders of magnitude faster.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Alpuente, M.; Cuenca-Ortega, A.; Escobar, S.; Meseguer, J.: A partial evaluation framework for order-sorted equational programs modulo axioms (2020)
- Cerna, David M.; Kutsia, Temur: Higher-order pattern generalization modulo equational theories (2020)
- Durán, Francisco; Eker, Steven; Escobar, Santiago; Martí-Oliet, Narciso; Meseguer, José; Rubio, Rubén; Talcott, Carolyn: Programming and symbolic computation in Maude (2020)
- Alpuente, María; Ballis, Demis; Cuenca-Ortega, Angel; Escobar, Santiago; Meseguer, José: (\mathsfACUOS^\mathbf2): a high-performance system for modular ACU generalization with subtyping and inheritance (2019)
- Alpuente, María; Ballis, Demis; Frechina, Francisco; Sapiña, Julia: Debugging Maude programs via runtime assertion checking and trace slicing (2016)
- Neubert, Stefanie; Belzner, Lenz; Wirsing, Martin: Algebraic reinforcement learning. Hypothesis induction for relational reinforcement learning using term generalization. (2015)
- Alpuente, María; Escobar, Santiago; Espert, Javier; Meseguer, José: ACUOS: a system for modular ACU generalization with subtyping and inheritance (2014)
- Baumgartner, Alexander; Kutsia, Temur: A library of anti-unification algorithms (2014)