Computing symmetric determinantal representations. We introduce the DeterminantalRepresentations package for Macaulay2, which computes definite symmetric determinantal representations of real polynomials. We focus on quadrics and plane curves of low degree (i.e., cubics and quartics). Our algorithms are geared towards speed and robustness, employing linear algebra and numerical algebraic geometry, without genericity assumptions on the polynomials.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Dey, Papri: Definite determinantal representations via orthostochastic matrices (2021)
- Chen, Justin; Dey, Papri: Computing symmetric determinantal representations (2020)
- Dey, Papri: Definite determinantal representations of multivariate polynomials (2020)
- Dey, Papri; Görlach, Paul; Kaihnsa, Nidhi: Coordinate-wise powers of algebraic varieties (2020)
- Dey, Papri; Plaumann, Daniel: Testing hyperbolicity of real polynomials (2020)