Algorithm 958: Lattice Builder: A General Software Tool for Constructing Rank-1 Lattice Rules. We introduce a new software tool and library named Lattice Builder, written in C++, that implements a variety of construction algorithms for good rank-1 lattice rules. It supports exhaustive and random searches, as well as component-by-component (CBC) and random CBC constructions, for any number of points, and for various measures of (non)uniformity of the points. The measures currently implemented are all shift-invariant and represent the worst-case integration error for certain classes of integrands. They include, for example, the weighted Pα square discrepancy, the Rα criterion, and figures of merit based on the spectral test, with projection-dependent weights. Each of these measures can be computed as a finite sum. For the Pα and Rα criteria, efficient specializations of the CBC algorithm are provided for projection-dependent, order-dependent, and product weights. For numbers of points that are integer powers of a prime base, the construction of embedded rank-1 lattice rules is supported through any of these algorithms, and through a fast CBC algorithm, with a variety of possibilities for the normalization of the merit values of individual embedded levels and for their combination into a single merit value. The library is extensible, thanks to the decomposition of the algorithms into decoupled components, which makes it easy to implement new types of weights, new search domains, new figures of merit, and so on.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Brown, Paul T.; Joshi, Chaitanya; Joe, Stephen; Rue, Håvard: A novel method of marginalisation using low discrepancy sequences for integrated nested Laplace approximations (2021)
- Puchhammer, Florian; Ben Abdellah, Amal; L’Ecuyer, Pierre: Variance reduction with array-RQMC for tau-leaping simulation of stochastic biological and chemical reaction networks (2021)
- Marion, Pierre; Godin, Maxime; L’Ecuyer, Pierre: An algorithm to compute the (t)-value of a digital net and of its projections (2020)
- Xiang, Jiangming; Wang, Xiaoqun: Primal-dual quasi-Monte Carlo simulation with dimension reduction for pricing American options (2020)
- Beentjes, Casper H. L.; Baker, Ruth E.: Quasi-Monte Carlo methods applied to tau-leaping in stochastic biological systems (2019)
- L’Ecuyer, Pierre; Munger, David; Lécot, Christian; Tuffin, Bruno: Sorting methods and convergence rates for Array-RQMC: some empirical comparisons (2018)
- Jiménez Rugama, Lluís Antoni; Hickernell, Fred J.: Adaptive multidimensional integration based on rank-1 lattices (2016)
- Chen, Michael; Mehrotra, Sanjay; Papp, Dávid: Scenario generation for stochastic optimization problems via the sparse grid method (2015)