CARLA: An Open Urban Driving Simulator. We introduce CARLA, an open-source simulator for autonomous driving research. CARLA has been developed from the ground up to support development, training, and validation of autonomous urban driving systems. In addition to open-source code and protocols, CARLA provides open digital assets (urban layouts, buildings, vehicles) that were created for this purpose and can be used freely. The simulation platform supports flexible specification of sensor suites and environmental conditions. We use CARLA to study the performance of three approaches to autonomous driving: a classic modular pipeline, an end-to-end model trained via imitation learning, and an end-to-end model trained via reinforcement learning. The approaches are evaluated in controlled scenarios of increasing difficulty, and their performance is examined via metrics provided by CARLA, illustrating the platform’s utility for autonomous driving research.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Benatti, Simone; Young, Aaron; Elmquist, Asher; Taves, Jay; Tasora, Alessandro; Serban, Radu; Negrut, Dan: End-to-end learning for off-road terrain navigation using the chrono open-source simulation platform (2022)
- Fan, Jinlong; Zhang, Jing; Maybank, Stephen J.; Tao, Dacheng: Wide-angle image rectification: a survey (2022)
- Krishnan, Srivatsan; Boroujerdian, Behzad; Fu, William; Faust, Aleksandra; Reddi, Vijay Janapa: Air learning: a deep reinforcement learning gym for autonomous aerial robot visual navigation (2021)
- Likmeta, Amarildo; Metelli, Alberto Maria; Ramponi, Giorgia; Tirinzoni, Andrea; Giuliani, Matteo; Restelli, Marcello: Dealing with multiple experts and non-stationarity in inverse reinforcement learning: an application to real-life problems (2021)
- Santara, Anirban; Rudra, Sohan; Buridi, Sree Aditya; Kaushik, Meha; Naik, Abhishek; Kaul, Bharat; Ravindran, Balaraman: MADRaS : multi agent driving simulator (2021)
- Pajarinen, Joni; Thai, Hong Linh; Akrour, Riad; Peters, Jan; Neumann, Gerhard: Compatible natural gradient policy search (2019)
- Alexey Dosovitskiy, German Ros, Felipe Codevilla, Antonio Lopez, Vladlen Koltun: CARLA: An Open Urban Driving Simulator (2017) arXiv
- Matthias Müller, Vincent Casser, Jean Lahoud, Neil Smith, Bernard Ghanem: Sim4CV: A Photo-Realistic Simulator for Computer Vision Applications (2017) arXiv