Fold Recognition (GenTHREADER). GenThreader: Detect distant homology to proteins of known structure; Compare a sequence against a set of profiles or perform profile-profile comparison. Layer on structural information. GenThreader is a family of programs designed to detect distant evolutionary relationships. The original GenThreader algorithm was published in 1999 and subsequent versions have both refined the concept and adapted the implementation to make use of increased availability of protein sequence data.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Kundu, Siddhartha: Mathematical basis of improved protein subfamily classification by a HMM-based sequence filter (2017)
- Kavousi, Kaveh; Moshiri, Behzad; Sadeghi, Mehdi; Araabi, Babak N.; Moosavi-Movahedi, Ali Akbar: A protein fold classifier formed by fusing different modes of pseudo amino acid composition via PSSM (2011)
- Łukasiak, Piotr; Błażewicz, Jacek; Miłostan, Maciej: Some operations research methods for analyzing protein sequences and structures (2010)
- McAllister, Scott R.; Floudas, Christodoulos A.: An improved hybrid global optimization method for protein tertiary structure prediction (2010)
- Zhang, Ning; Duan, Guangyou; Gao, Shan; Ruan, Jishou; Zhang, Tao: Prediction of the parallel/antiparallel orientation of beta-strands using amino acid pairing preferences and support vector machines (2010)
- Li, Guojun; Liu, Zhijie; Guo, Jun-Tao; Xu, Ying: An algorithm for simultaneous backbone threading and side-chain packing (2008)
- Wang, Jun; Zheng, Xiaoqi: Comparison of protein secondary structures based on backbone dihedral angles (2008)
- Kaján, László; Rychlewski, Leszek: Evaluation of 3D-jury on CASP7 models (2007) ioport
- Mcguffin, Liam J.: Benchmarking consensus model quality assessment for protein fold recognition (2007) ioport
- Jiang, N.; XinyuWu, W.; Mitchell, I.: Threading with environment-specific score by artificial neural networks (2006) ioport