DFL - A Derivative-Free Library - DFSA: A magnetic resonance device designed via global optimization techniques. We are concerned with the design of a small low-cost, low-field multipolar magnet for Magnetic Resonance Imaging with a high field uniformity. By introducing appropriate variables, the considered design problem is converted into a global optimization one. This latter problem is solved by means of a new derivative free global optimization method which is a distributed multi-start type algorithm controlled by means of a simulated annealing criterion. In particular, the proposed method employs, as local search engine, a derivative free procedure. Under reasonable assumptions, we prove that this local algorithm is attracted by global minimum points. Additionally, we show that the simulated annealing strategy is able to produce a suitable starting point in a finite number of steps with probability one.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Ferreiro, Ana M.; García-Rodríguez, José Antonio; Vázquez, Carlos; Costa e Silva, E.; Correia, A.: Parallel two-phase methods for global optimization on GPU (2019)
- Sergeyev, Yaroslav D.; Mukhametzhanov, Marat S.; Kvasov, Dmitri E.; Lera, Daniela: Derivative-free local tuning and local improvement techniques embedded in the univariate global optimization (2016)
- Di Pillo, Gianni; Lucidi, Stefano; Rinaldi, Francesco: A derivative-free algorithm for constrained global optimization based on exact penalty functions (2015)
- Lampariello, F.; Liuzzi, G.: A filling function method for unconstrained global optimization (2015)
- Lampariello, Francesco; Liuzzi, Giampaolo: Global optimization of protein-peptide docking by a filling function method (2015)
- Liuzzi, G.; Lucidi, S.; Piccialli, V.: A DIRECT-based approach exploiting local minimizations for the solution of large-scale global optimization problems (2010)
- Campana, Emilio Fortunato; Liuzzi, Giampaolo; Lucidi, Stefano; Peri, Daniele; Piccialli, Veronica; Pinto, Antonio: New global optimization methods for ship design problems (2009)
- Liuzzi, Giampaolo; Lucidi, Stefano; Piccialli, Veronica; Sotgiu, Antonello: A magnetic resonance device designed via global optimization techniques (2004)