Blaze-DEMGPU: Modular high performance DEM framework for the GPU architecture. Blaze-DEMGPU is a modular GPU based discrete element method (DEM) framework that supports polyhedral shaped particles. The high level performance is attributed to the light weight and Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) that the GPU architecture offers. Blaze-DEMGPU offers suitable algorithms to conduct DEM simulations on the GPU and these algorithms can be extended and modified. Since a large number of scientific simulations are particle based, many of the algorithms and strategies for GPU implementation present in Blaze-DEMGPU can be applied to other fields. Blaze-DEMGPU will make it easier for new researchers to use high performance GPU computing as well as stimulate wider GPU research efforts by the DEM community.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 5 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5.
- Joubert, Johannes C.; Wilke, Daniel N.; Govender, Nicolin; Pizette, Patrick; Tuzun, Ugur; Abriak, Nor-Edine: 3D gradient corrected SPH for fully resolved particle-fluid interactions (2020)
- Kelly, Conlain; Olsen, Nicholas; Negrut, Dan: Billion degree of freedom granular dynamics simulation on commodity hardware via heterogeneous data-type representation (2020)
- Govender, Nicolin; Wilke, Daniel N.; Pizette, Patrick; Abriak, Nor-Edine: A study of shape non-uniformity and poly-dispersity in hopper discharge of spherical and polyhedral particle systems using the Blaze-DEM GPU code (2018)
- Pizette, Patrick; Govender, N.; Abriak, N. -e.; Wilke, Daniel N.: GPU DEM simulations and experimental studies of ball milling process for various particle shapes (2017)
- Govender, N.; Wilke, D.; Kok, S.: Blaze-DEMGPU: Modular high performance DEM framework for the GPU architecture (2016) not zbMATH