HIN2Vec: Explore Meta-paths in Heterogeneous Information Networks for Representation Learning. In this paper, we propose a novel representation learning framework, namely HIN2Vec, for heterogeneous information networks (HINs). The core of the proposed framework is a neural network model, also called HIN2Vec, designed to capture the rich semantics embedded in HINs by exploiting different types of relationships among nodes. Given a set of relationships specified in forms of meta-paths in an HIN, HIN2Vec carries out multiple prediction training tasks jointly based on a target set of relationships to learn latent vectors of nodes and meta-paths in the HIN. In addition to model design, several issues unique to HIN2Vec, including regularization of meta-path vectors, node type selection in negative sampling, and cycles in random walks, are examined. To validate our ideas, we learn latent vectors of nodes using four large-scale real HIN datasets, including Blogcatalog, Yelp, DBLP and U.S. Patents, and use them as features for multi-label node classification and link prediction applications on those networks. Empirical results show that HIN2Vec soundly outperforms the state-of-the-art representation learning models for network data, including DeepWalk, LINE, node2vec, PTE, HINE and ESim, by 6.6% to 23.8% of $micro$-$f_1$ in multi-label node classification and 5% to 70.8% of $MAP$ in link prediction.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Morales, Pedro Ramaciotti; Lamarche-Perrin, Robin; Fournier-S’niehotta, Raphaël; Poulain, Rémy; Tabourier, Lionel; Tarissan, Fabien: Measuring diversity in heterogeneous information networks (2021)
- Šourek, Gustav; Železný, Filip; Kuželka, Ondřej: Beyond graph neural networks with lifted relational neural networks (2021)
- Yukuo Cen, Zhenyu Hou, Yan Wang, Qibin Chen, Yizhen Luo, Xingcheng Yao, Aohan Zeng, Shiguang Guo, Peng Zhang, Guohao Dai, Yu Wang, Chang Zhou, Hongxia Yang, Jie Tang: CogDL: An Extensive Toolkit for Deep Learning on Graphs (2021) arXiv
- Bedru, Hayat Dino; Yu, Shuo; Xiao, Xinru; Zhang, Da; Wan, Liangtian; Guo, He; Xia, Feng: Big networks: a survey (2020)
- Hou, Mingliang; Ren, Jing; Zhang, Da; Kong, Xiangjie; Zhang, Dongyu; Xia, Feng: Network embedding: taxonomies, frameworks and applications (2020)
- Wang, Chenguang; Song, Yangqiu; Li, Haoran; Zhang, Ming; Han, Jiawei: Unsupervised meta-path selection for text similarity measure based on heterogeneous information networks (2018)