PeerSim: a scalable P2P simulator. The key features of peer-to-peer (P2P) systems are scalability and dynamism. The evaluation of a P2P protocol in realistic environments is very expensive and difficult to reproduce, so simulation is crucial in P2P research. PeerSim is an extremely scalable simulation environment that supports dynamic scenarios such as churn and other failure models. Protocols need to be specifically implemented for the PeerSim Java API, but with a reasonable effort they can be evolved into a real implementation. Testing in specified parameter-spaces is supported as well. PeerSim started out as a tool for our own research.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- Dutta, Haimonti; Srinivasan, Ashwin: Consensus-based modeling using distributed feature construction with ILP (2018)
- Ferrucci, L.; Ricci, L.; Albano, M.; Baraglia, R.; Mordacchini, M.: Multidimensional range queries on hierarchical Voronoi overlays (2016)
- Kobusińska, Anna; Brzeziński, Jerzy; Boroń, Michał; Inatlewski, Łukasz; Jabczyński, Michał; Maciejewski, Mateusz: A branch hash function as a method of message synchronization in anonymous P2P conversations (2016)
- Lee, Jaehwan; Keleher, Pete; Sussman, Alan: Exploiting multi-core nodes in peer-to-peer grids (2014) ioport
- Georgiadis, Giorgos; Papatriantafilou, Marina: Overlays with preferences: distributed, adaptive approximation algorithms for matching with preference lists (2013)
- Sacha, Jan; Montresor, Alberto: Identifying frequent items in distributed data sets (2013)
- Di, Sheng; Wang, Cho-Li: Decentralized proactive resource allocation for maximizing throughput of P2P grid (2012) ioport
- Naranjo, J. A. M.; Antequera, N.; Casado, L. G.; López-Ramos, J. A.: A suite of algorithms for key distribution and authentication in centralized secure multicast environments (2012)
- Naranjo, J. A. M.; Casado, L. G.; Jelasity, Márk: Asynchronous privacy-preserving iterative computation on peer-to-peer networks (2012) ioport
- Naranjo, J. A. M.; Casado, L. G.; Jelasity, Márk: Asynchronous privacy-preserving iterative computation on peer-to-peer networks (2012)
- El Dick, Manal; Pacitti, Esther; Akbarinia, Reza; Kemme, Bettina: Building a peer-to-peer content distribution network with high performance, scalability and robustness (2011) ioport
- Boschetti, Marco; Maniezzo, Vittorio: Benders decomposition, Lagrangean relaxation and metaheuristic design (2009)