OpenPose: Realtime Multi-Person 2D Pose Estimation using Part Affinity Fields. Realtime multi-person 2D pose estimation is a key component in enabling machines to have an understanding of people in images and videos. In this work, we present a realtime approach to detect the 2D pose of multiple people in an image. The proposed method uses a nonparametric representation, which we refer to as Part Affinity Fields (PAFs), to learn to associate body parts with individuals in the image. This bottom-up system achieves high accuracy and realtime performance, regardless of the number of people in the image. In previous work, PAFs and body part location estimation were refined simultaneously across training stages. We demonstrate that a PAF-only refinement rather than both PAF and body part location refinement results in a substantial increase in both runtime performance and accuracy. We also present the first combined body and foot keypoint detector, based on an internal annotated foot dataset that we have publicly released. We show that the combined detector not only reduces the inference time compared to running them sequentially, but also maintains the accuracy of each component individually. This work has culminated in the release of OpenPose, the first open-source realtime system for multi-person 2D pose detection, including body, foot, hand, and facial keypoints.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 6 articles )
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6.
- Itsaso Rodriguez, Itziar Irigoien, Basilio Sierra, Concepcion Arenas: dbcsp: User-friendly R package for Distance-Based Common Spacial Patterns (2021) arXiv
- Ma, Cong; Yang, Fan; Li, Yuan; Jia, Huizhu; Xie, Xiaodong; Gao, Wen: Deep human-interaction and association by graph-based learning for multiple object tracking in the wild (2021)
- Sven Kreiss, Lorenzo Bertoni, Alexandre Alahi: OpenPifPaf: Composite Fields for Semantic Keypoint Detection and Spatio-Temporal Association (2021) arXiv
- Xin Chen, Anqi Pang, Wei Yang, Yuexin Ma, Lan Xu, Jingyi Yu: SportsCap: Monocular 3D Human Motion Capture and Fine-grained Understanding in Challenging Sports Videos (2021) arXiv
- Grzejszczak, Tomasz; Molle, Reinhard; Roth, Robert: Tracking of dynamic gesture fingertips position in video sequence (2020)
- Malik, Vinita; Singh, Sukhdip: Artificial intelligent environments: risk management and quality assurance implementation (2020)