PVODE is a solver for large systems of ordinary differential equations on parallel machines. It contains methods for the solution of both stiff and non-stiff initial value problems. Integration methods include the variable coefficient forms of the Adams and Backward Differentiation Formula methods. The linear systems that must be solved during the implicit time stepping are solved with iterative, preconditioned Krylov solvers. The user can either supply a preconditioner or use one that is included in the PVODE package. PVODE is an extension of the sequential package known as CVODE which has been widely distributed and used. CVODE is available from Netlib. Both PVODE and CVODE are written in C but are callable from Fortran. The parallelization of CVODE to PVODE was accomplished through the modification of the vector kernels, allowing them to operate on vectors that have been distributed across processors. The message passing calls are made through MPI.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Paolucci, Samuel; Zikoski, Zachary J.; Grenga, Temistocle: WAMR: an adaptive wavelet method for the simulation of compressible reacting flow. Part II: The parallel algorithm (2014)
- Mani, Karthik; Mavriplis, Dimitri J.: Error estimation and adaptation for functional outputs in time-dependent flow problems (2010)
- García, Víctor M.; Vidal, V.; Verdú, G.; Garayoa, J.; Miró, R.: Parallel resolution of the two-group time dependent neutron diffusion equation with public domain ODE codes (2005)
- Hindmarsh, Alan C.; Brown, Peter N.; Grant, Keith E.; Lee, Steven L.; Serban, Radu; Shumaker, Dan E.; Woodward, Carol S.: SUNDIALS: suite of nonlinear and differential/algebraic equation solvers. (2005)
- Pernice, M.; Hornung, R. D.: PETSc and overture: Lessons learned developing an interface between components (2005) ioport
- Howland, Paul; Lee, Steven; McInnes, Lois; Norris, Boyana; Barry, Smith: Challenges and opportunities in using automatic differentiation with object-oriented toolkits for scientific computing (2003)
- Keyes, David E.: Terascale implicit methods for partial differential equations (2002)
- Rognlien, T. D.; Xu, X. Q.; Hindmarsh, A. C.: Application of parallel implicit methods to edge-plasma numerical simulations. (2002)