Parallel two-phase flow simulations in porous media. We describe MUFTE-UG, a parallel numerical simulator for multiphase flow and transport processes in porous media. The basic PDEs for two-phase flow together with a discretization and solution scheme are presented. Aspects of the implementation of advanced numerical techniques of UG on parallel hardware are shown, and the simulator’s parallel performance is demonstrated using a two-dimensional example.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Jaramillo, Alfredo; Guiraldello, Rafael T.; Paz, Stevens; Ausas, Roberto F.; Sousa, Fabricio S.; Pereira, Felipe; Buscaglia, Gustavo C.: Towards HPC simulations of billion-cell reservoirs by multiscale mixed methods (2022)
- Nardean, Stefano; Ferronato, Massimiliano; Abushaikha, Ahmad S.: A novel block non-symmetric preconditioner for mixed-hybrid finite-element-based Darcy flow simulations (2021)
- Contreras, F. R. L.; Lyra, P. R. M.; Souza, M. R. A.; Carvalho, D. K. E.: A cell-centered multipoint flux approximation method with a diamond stencil coupled with a higher order finite volume method for the simulation of oil-water displacements in heterogeneous and anisotropic petroleum reservoirs (2016)
- Sahimi, Muhammad: Flow and transport in porous media and fractured rock. From classical methods to modern approaches. (2011)
- Class, Holger; Ebigbo, Anozie; Helmig, Rainer; Dahle, Helge K.; Nordbotten, Jan M.; Celia, Michael A.; Audigane, Pascal; Darcis, Melanie; Ennis-King, Jonathan; Fan, Yaqing; Flemisch, Bernd; Gasda, Sarah E.; Jin, Min; Krug, Stefanie; Labregere, Diane; Beni, Ali Naderi; Pawar, Rajesh J.; Sbai, Adil; Thomas, Sunil G.; Trenty, Laurent; Wei, Lingli: A benchmark study on problems related to CO(_2) storage in geologic formations. Summary and discussion of the results (2009)
- Freiboth, Sandra; Class, Holger; Helmig, Rainer; Graf, Tobias; Ehlers, Wolfgang; Schwarz, Viktoria; Vrettos, Christos: A model for multiphase flow and transport in porous media including a phenomenological approach to account for deformation -- a model concept and its validation within a code intercomparison study (2009)
- Ebigbo, Anozie; Class, Holger; Helmig, Rainer: (\textCO_2) leakage through an abandoned well: problem-oriented benchmarks (2007)
- Hazra, Subhendu Bikash; Schulz, Volker: On efficient computation of the optimization problem arising in the inverse modeling of non-stationary multiphase multicomponent flow through porous media (2005)
- Hazra, S. B.; Class, H.; Helmig, R.; Schulz, V.: Forward and inverse problems in modeling of multiphase flow and transport through porous media (2004)
- Ölmann, U.; Hinkelmann, R.; Helmig, R.: Parallel two-phase flow simulations in porous media (2003)
- Hinkelmann, R.; Sheta, H.; Class, H.; Sauter, E. J.; Helmig, R.; Schlüter, M.: Numerical simulation of freshwater, salt water and methane interaction processes in a coastal aquifer (2002)