The libMesh library provides a framework for the numerical simulation of partial differential equations using arbitrary unstructured discretizations on serial and parallel platforms. A major goal of the library is to provide support for adaptive mesh refinement (AMR) computations in parallel while allowing a research scientist to focus on the physics they are modeling. libMesh currently supports 1D, 2D, and 3D steady and transient simulations on a variety of popular geometric and finite element types. The library makes use of high-quality, existing software whenever possible. PETSc is used for the solution of linear systems on both serial and parallel platforms, and LASPack is included with the library to provide linear solver support on serial machines. An optional interface to SLEPc is also provided for solving both standard and generalized eigenvalue problems.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 106 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 101 to 106 of 106.
- Peterson, J. W.; Carey, G. F.; Knezevic, D. J.; Murray, B. T.: Adaptive finite element methodology for tumour angiogenesis modelling (2007)
- Berrone, Stefano: Robust a posteriori error estimates for finite element discretizations of the heat equation with discontinuous coefficients (2006)
- Dreyer, D.; Petersen, S.; Von Estorff, O.: Effectiveness and robustness of improved infinite elements for exterior acoustics (2006)
- Kirk, Benjamin S.; Peterson, John W.; Stogner, Roy H.; Carey, Graham F.: libMesh: a C++ library for parallel adaptive mesh refinement/coarsening simulations (2006) ioport
- Petersen, Steffen; Dreyer, Daniel; von Estorff, Otto: Assessment of finite and spectral element shape functions for efficient iterative simulations of interior acoustics (2006)
- Carey, Graham F.; Barth, William; Woods, Juliette A.; Kirk, Benjamin S.; Anderson, Michael L.; Chow, Sum; Bangerth, Wolfgang: Modelling error and constitutive relations in simulation of flow and transport (2004)
Further publications can be found at: http://libmesh.sourceforge.net/publications.php