PaStiX: A high-performance parallel direct solver for sparse symmetric positive definite systems. Solving large sparse symmetric positive definite systems of linear equations is a crucial and time-consuming step, arising in many scientific and engineering applications. The block partitioning and scheduling problem for sparse parallel factorization without pivoting is considered. There are two major aims to this study: the scalability of the parallel solver, and the compromise between memory overhead and efficiency. Parallel experiments on a large collection of irregular industrial problems validate our approach.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 30 articles , 1 standard article )
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30.
- Agullo, Emmanuel; Guermouche, Abdou; L’Excellent, Jean-Yves: Reducing the I/O volume in sparse out-of-core multifrontal methods (2010)
- Dupros, Fabrice; De Martin, Florent; Foerster, Evelyne; Komatitsch, Dimitri; Roman, Jean: High-performance finite-element simulations of seismic wave propagation in three-dimensional nonlinear inelastic geological media (2010)
- Hogg, J. D.; Reid, J. K.; Scott, J. A.: Design of a multicore sparse Cholesky factorization using DAGs (2010)
- Czarny, Olivier; Huysmans, Guido: Bézier surfaces and finite elements for MHD simulations (2008)
- Dolean, Victorita; Lanteri, Stéphane; Perrussel, Ronan: A domain decomposition method for solving the three-dimensional time-harmonic Maxwell equations discretized by discontinuous Galerkin methods (2008)
- Hénon, Pascal; Ramet, Pierre; Roman, Jean: On using an hybrid MPI-thread programming for the implementation of a parallel sparse direct solver on a network of SMP nodes (2006) ioport
- Amestoy, Patrick R.; Duff, Iain S.; Vömel, Christof: Task scheduling in an asynchronous distributed memory multifrontal solver (2005)
- Hénon, P.; Ramet, P.; Roman, J.: PaStiX: A high-performance parallel direct solver for sparse symmetric positive definite systems (2002)
- Irony, D.; Shklarski, G.; Toledo, S.: Parallel and fully recursive multifrontal supernodal sparse Cholesky (2002)
- Goudin, David; Hénon, Pascal; Pellegrini, François; Ramet, Pierre; Roman, Jean: Parallel sparse linear algebra and application to structural mechanics (2000)
Further publications can be found at: http://www.labri.fr/perso/ramet/bib/Keyword/SPARSE.html