Let V d be the complex vector space of binary forms of degree d with the canonical action of the special linear group SL 2 =SL 2 (ℂ), and let V d =V d 1 ⊕⋯⊕V d n . The action of SL 2 is extended to an action on the coordinate algebras ℂ[V d ] and ℂ[V d ⊕ℂ 2 ]. The algebras ℐ d =ℂ[V d ] SL 2 and 𝒞 d =ℂ[V d ⊕ℂ 2 ] SL 2 are known, respectively, as the algebras of joint invariants and joint covariants of n binary forms of degrees d 1 ,...,d n . They are among the most intensively studied objects in classical invariant theory of the 19th century. The algebra ℂ[V d ⊕ℂ 2 ] is ℤ n+1 -multigraded in a natural way assuming that the elements of V d 1 ,...,V d n and ℂ 2 are of degree (1,0,...,0,0),...,(0,0,...,1,0),(0,0,...,0,1), respectively. The algebras ℐ d and 𝒞 d are graded subalgebras of ℂ[V d ⊕ℂ 2 ]. In the paper under review the author establishes formulas for the Poincaré (or the Hilbert) series 𝒫(𝒞 d ,z 1 ,...,z n ,t) and 𝒫(ℐ d ,z 1 ,...,z n ,t) which count the dimensions of the multihomogeneous components of the algebras. First he presents an analogue of the classical Cayley-Sylvester formula which expresses the dimensions of the multihomogeneous components in terms of the number of solutions in nonnegative integers of a system of linear equations. Then the author gives an analogue of the Springer-Brion formula to express the Poincaré sereis as a formal power series. To compute the series the author uses the MacMahon partition analysis (or Ω-calculus). The author has also developed a special Maple package (available online) for explicit computations.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 12 articles )
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12.
- de Carvalho Cayres Pinto, Pedro; Herbig, Hans-Christian; Herden, Daniel; Seaton, Christopher: The Hilbert series of (\operatornameSL_2)-invariants (2020)
- Herbig, Hans-Christian; Herden, Daniel; Seaton, Christopher: Hilbert series associated to symplectic quotients by (\mathrmSU_2) (2020)
- Ilash, N. B.: Hilbert polynomials of the algebras of (SL_ 2)-invariants (2018)
- Lercier, Reynald; Olive, Marc: Covariant algebra of the binary nonic and the binary decimic (2017)
- Olive, Marc: About Gordan’s algorithm for binary forms (2017)
- Bedratyuk, Leonid; Ilash, Nadia: The degree of the algebra of covariants of a binary form (2015)
- Olive, M.; Auffray, N.: Isotropic invariants of a completely symmetric third-order tensor (2014)
- Basor, Estelle; Chen, Yang; Mekareeya, Noppadol: The Hilbert series of (\mathcalN=1) (SO(N_c)) and (Sp(N_c)) SQCD, Painlevé VI and integrable systems (2012)
- Bedratyuk, Leonid: Bivariate Poincaré series for the algebra of covariants of a binary form (2011)
- Bedratyuk, L. P.: Poincaré series of the multigraded algebras of (\mathrmSL_2)-invariants (2011)
- Bedratyuk, Leonid: The MAPLE package for calculating Poincaré series (2010) ioport
- Bedratyuk, Leonid: The Poincaré series of the algebras of simultaneous invariants and covariants of two binary forms (2010)