plasp: A prototype for PDDL-based planning in ASP. We present a prototypical system, plasp, implementing Planning by compilation to Answer Set Programming (ASP). Our approach is inspired by Planning as Satisfiability, yet it aims at keeping the actual compilation simple in favor of modeling planning techniques by meta-programming in ASP. This has several advantages. First, ASP modelings are easily modifiable and can be studied in a transparent setting. Second, we can take advantage of available ASP grounders to obtain propositional representations. Third, we can harness ASP solvers providing incremental solving mechanisms. Finally, the ASP community gains access to a wide range of planning problems, and the planning community benefits from the knowledge representation and reasoning capacities of ASP.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 10 articles , 2 standard articles )
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10.
- Bertolucci, Riccardo; Capitanelli, Alessio; Dodaro, Carmine; Leone, Nicola; Maratea, Marco; Mastrogiovanni, Fulvio; Vallati, Mauro: Manipulation of articulated objects using dual-arm robots via answer set programming (2021)
- Faber, Wolfgang; Morak, Michael; Chrpa, Lukáš: Determining action reversibility in STRIPS using answer set and epistemic logic programming (2021)
- Dimopoulos, Yannis; Gebser, Martin; Lühne, Patrick; Romero, Javier; Schaub, Torsten: plasp 3: towards effective ASP planning (2019)
- Spies, David; You, Jia-Huai; Hayward, Ryan: Domain-independent cost-optimal planning in ASP (2019)
- Gebser, Martin; Kaminski, Roland; Kaufmann, Benjamin; Schaub, Torsten: Multi-shot ASP solving with clingo (2018)
- Balduccini, Marcello (ed.); Janhunen, Tomi (ed.): Logic programming and nonmonotonic reasoning. 14th international conference, LPNMR 2017, Espoo, Finland, July 3--6, 2017. Proceedings (2017)
- Dimopoulos, Yannis; Gebser, Martin; Lühne, Patrick; Romero, Javier; Schaub, Torsten: Plasp 3: towards effective ASP planning (2017)
- Thielscher, Michael: Simulation of action theories and an application to general game-playing robots (2015)
- Gebser, Martin; Kaufmann, Roland; Schaub, Torsten: Gearing up for effective ASP planning (2012)
- Gebser, Martin; Kaminski, Roland; Knecht, Murat; Schaub, Torsten: plasp: a prototype for PDDL-based planning in ASP (2011) ioport