New Finsler Package. The book “Handbook of Finsler geometry” has been included with a CD containing an elegant Maple package, FINSLER, for calculations in Finsler geometry. Using this package, an example concerning a Finsler generalization of Einstein’s vacuum field equations was treated. In this example, the calculation of the components of the hv-curvature of Cartan connection leads to wrong expressions. On the other hand , the FINSLER package works only in dimension four. We introduce a new Finsler package in which we fix the two problems and solve them. Moreover, we extend this package to compute not only the geometric objects associated with Cartan connection but also those associated with Berwald, Chern and Hashiguchi connections in any dimension. These improvements have been illustrated by a concrete example. Furthermore, the problem of simplifying tensor expressions is treated. This paper is intended to make calculations in Finsler geometry more easier and simpler.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Elgendi, S. G.: Solutions for the Landsberg unicorn problem in Finsler geometry (2021)
- Elgendi, S. G.: On the problem of non-Berwaldian Landsberg spaces (2020)
- Soleiman, Amr; Elgendi, Salah Gomaa: The geometry of Finsler spaces of (H_p)-scalar curvature (2020)
- Youssef, Nabil L.; Elgendi, S. G.; Taha, Ebtsam H.: Semi-concurrent vector fields in Finsler geometry (2019)
- Youssef, Nabil L.; Elgendi, S. G.: New Finsler package (2014)
- Youssef, Nabil L.; Elgendi, S. G.: Computing nullity and kernel vectors using NF-package: counterexamples (2014)
- Youssef, Nabil L.; Abed, S. H.; Elgendi, S. G.: Generalized (\beta)-conformal change and special Finsler spaces (2012)
- Youssef, Nabil L.; Abed, S. H.; Elgendi, S. G.: Generalized (\beta)-conformal change of Finsler metrics (2010)
- Rutz, Solange F.; Portugal, Renato: FINSLER: a computer algebra package for Finsler geometries. (2001)