Hom4PS-3. The need to numerically solve systems of polynomial equations occurs frequently in various fields of mathematics, science, and engineering. Homotopy continuation methods has been proved to be an efficient and reliable class of numerical methods for solving these systems. Hom4PS-3 is a software package for solving systems of polynomial equations that implements many different numerical homotopy methods including the Polyhedral Homotopy continuation method. Based on the successful software package Hom4PS-2.0, Hom4PS-3 has a new fully modular design which allows it to be easily extended. Furthermore, it is capable of carrying out computation in parallel on a wide range of hardware architectures including multi-core systems, computer clusters, distributed environments, and GPUs with great efficiency and scalability. Designed to be user-friendly, it includes interfaces to a variety of existing mathematical software and programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Octave, and Matlab. This talk will include a short tutorial on Hom4PS-3 and a brief introduction to the new features of Hom4PS-3.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 11 articles )
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11.
- Wei, Xiaoqi; Wei, Guo-Wei: Homotopy continuation for the spectra of persistent Laplacians (2021)
- Chen, Tianran: Unmixing the mixed volume computation (2019)
- Leykin, Anton; Yu, Josephine: Beyond polyhedral homotopies (2019)
- Leykin, Anton: Homotopy continuation in Macaulay2 (2018)
- Verschelde, Jan: A blackbox polynomial system solver on parallel shared memory computers (2018)
- Chen, Tianran; Lee, Tsung-Lin; Li, Tien-Yien: Mixed cell computation in HOM4ps (2017)
- Chen, Tianran; Mehta, Dhagash: Parallel degree computation for binomial systems (2017)
- Hauenstein, Jonathan D. (ed.); Sommese, Andrew J. (ed.): Foreword. What is numerical algebraic geometry? (2017)
- Chen, Tianran; Li, Tien-Yien: Homotopy continuation method for solving systems of nonlinear and polynomial equations (2015)
- Chen, Tianran; Lee, Tsung-Lin; Li, Tien-Yien: Hom4PS-3: a parallel numerical solver for systems of polynomial equations based on polyhedral homotopy continuation methods (2014)
- Chen, Tianran; Li, Tien-Yien; Wang, Xiaoshen: Theoretical aspects of mixed volume computation via mixed subdivision (2014)