HMMTree: A computer program for latent-class hierarchical multinomial processing tree models. Latent-class hierarchical multinomial models are an important extension of the widely used family of multinomial processing tree models, in that they allow for testing the parameter homogeneity assumption and provide a framework for modeling parameter heterogeneity. In this article, the computer program HMMTree is introduced as a means of implementing latent-class hierarchical multinomial processing tree models. HMMTree computes parameter estimates, confidence intervals, and goodness-of-fit statistics for such models, as well as the Fisher information, expected category means and variances, and posterior probabilities for class membership. A brief guide to using the program is provided.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 8 articles )
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8.
- Klauer, Karl Christoph; Singmann, Henrik; Kellen, David: Parametric order constraints in multinomial processing tree models: an extension of Knapp and Batchelder (2004) (2015)
- Matzke, Dora; Dolan, Conor V.; Batchelder, William H.; Wagenmakers, Eric-Jan: Bayesian estimation of multinomial processing tree models with heterogeneity in participants and items (2015)
- Chechile, Richard A.: Modeling storage and retrieval processes with clinical populations with applications examining alcohol-induced amnesia and Korsakoff amnesia (2010)
- Klauer, Karl Christoph: Hierarchical multinomial processing tree models: a latent-trait approach (2010)
- Smith, Jared B.; Batchelder, William H.: Beta-MPT: multinomial processing tree models for addressing individual differences (2010)
- Chechile, Richard A.: Pooling data versus averaging model fits for some prototypical multinomial processing tree models (2009)
- Purdy, Brendan P.; Batchelder, William H.: A context-free language for binary multinomial processing tree models (2009)
- Schweickert, Richard; Chen, Shengbao: Tree inference with factors selectively influencing processes in a processing tree (2008)