KADATH: a spectral solver for theoretical physics. KADATH is a library that implements spectral methods in a very modular manner. It is designed to solve a wide class of problems that arise in the context of theoretical physics. Several types of coordinates are implemented and additional geometries can be easily encoded. Partial differential equations of various types are discretized by means of spectral methods. The resulting system is solved using a Newton-Raphson iteration. Doing so, KADATH is able to deal with strongly non-linear situations. The algorithms are validated by applying the library to four different problems of contemporary physics, in the fields of gauge field theory and general relativity.
Keywords for this software
References in zbMATH (referenced in 9 articles )
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9.
- Grould, M.; Meliani, Z.; Vincent, F. H.; Grandclément, P.; Gourgoulhon, E.: Comparing timelike geodesics around a Kerr black hole and a boson star (2017)
- Martinon, Grégoire; Fodor, Gyula; Grandclément, Philippe; Forgács, Peter: Gravitational geons in asymptotically anti-de Sitter spacetimes (2017)
- Meliani, Z.; Grandclément, P.; Casse, F.; Vincent, F. H.; Straub, O.; Dauvergne, F.: GR-AMRVAC code applications: accretion onto compact objects, boson stars versus black holes (2016)
- Meliani, Z.; Vincent, F. H.; Grandclément, P.; Gourgoulhon, E.; Monceau-Baroux, R.; Straub, O.: Circular geodesics and thick tori around rotating boson stars (2015)
- Bentivegna, Eloisa: Solving the Einstein constraints in periodic spaces with a multigrid approach (2014)
- Fodor, Gyula; Forgács, Péter; Grandclément, Philippe: Scalar fields on Anti-de Sitter background (2014)
- Panosso Macedo, Rodrigo; Ansorg, Marcus: Axisymmetric fully spectral code for hyperbolic equations (2014)
- Tsokaros, Antonios; Uryū, Kōji: Binary black hole circular orbits computed with \textsccocal (2013)
- Grandclément, Philippe: KADATH: a spectral solver for theoretical physics (2010)